Indesign ME - Conflicts with other fonts when using CJK fonts


i have found bug in indesign me (replicated in 5.5 me , 4 me) when using pan-cjk font called source han sans (created adobe).

this not issue in indesign cs6 or cc international versions, seem affect me version.

 

the error occurs when using japanese language-specific subset otf version of source han sans. when using non-subsetted font includes pan-cjk support works.

 

the japanese glyphs shown correctly other glyphs using different fonts , langauges on same row not rendered properly.

they become tofu blocks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdglxtvus5vflc6/japanese_1.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g14p1i1kcvwmojh/japanese_2.png?dl=0

the reason why using me creating designs contains descriptions in multiple languages , has been working in past.

we using 5.5 because our chinese providers can't use cc because of law requirements.

 

dr. ken lunde adobe creator of source han sans told me seems software issue. might breaking new ground here using me version cjk.

 

do know why happening , solution change software or change font?

 

you can read whole conversation had ken on source han sans github page here:

source han sans corrupting other font glyphs in indesign 5.5 me · issue #152 · adobe-fonts/source-han-sans · github



More discussions in InDesign


adobe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soustraire une selection

After Effects: could not find dvaeve_dialogs.txt

Illustrator cs6 "Invalid Serial Number"